Marketing & Communications Committee
For more information, contact Committee Chairs Kevin Johnson.
Full list of Committee Members
2014 Action Plan
1. GOAL 1: Enhance GEDA newsletter (April Deadline) (Newsletter Subcommittee)
a. Introduce new layout and design strategies.
b. Look into constant contact if budget allows.
c. Provide content support.
2. GOAL 3: Establish Subcommittee groups along with team leaders. (January)
a. Organize subcommittee groups: Newsletter, Social Media, Website Support, Legislative, Media Toolkit Content & Deliverable, Interactive / Design
* Groups subjected to change during the development process.
3. GOAL 2: Provide Support for the Spring and Annual Conferences (Interactive / Design & Media Subcommittees)
a. Provide marketing and communication assistance to support the spring and annual conferences.
b. Establish a panel discussion:“Do and Don’ts Regarding a Project”
4. GOAL 4: Social Media (Ongoing)(Social Media Subcommittee)
a. Encourage members to provide fresh content
b. Photograph Spring and Annual Conferences
c. Video record luncheon speakers for YouTube.
5. GOAL 5: Survey (Late November) (Media Subcommittee)
a. Receive member feedback for conferences, luncheons, and events from survey monkey
b. Offer $50 or $100 gift card prize incentive for completing the survey. One name will be drawn to receive the prize.
6. GOAL 6: Media Toolkit (Media Subcommittee)
a. Provide at least 2 media/communication helpful hints for GEDA members. Items will be added to the website for members to view at their convenience.
7. GOAL 7: Legislative (Legislative Subcommittee)
a. Provide helpful hints and reminders to encourage communication with state and local representatives. Hints will be included in the newsletter or reminder email.