At A Glance:
- Coordinates sponsors for all GEDA events.
- Works closely with GEDA staff and Chairs of each GEDA event.
The Sponsorship Committee serves as a standing committee to coordinate the GEDA sponsorship program in cooperation with the respective Chairs of the GEDA Annual Conference, Spring Workshop, Legislative Reception, and Monthly Meetings, and with the GEDA staff. GEDA sponsors are offered a menu of sponsorship opportunities at all GEDA events throughout the year. Sponsors receive greater visibility with Georgia's economic development community, and the support provided by sponsorships enhance the quality of GEDA programs and services for our members. Click here to see our Sponsorship Brochure.
For more information, contact Committee Chair Brian Dill.
2013 Action Plan
- Meet or exceed 2012 Sponsorship levels
- Sell 7 monthly meeting sponsorships
- Sell sponsorship for Legislative Reception (multiple).
- Sell sponsorship for March special monthly luncheon (multiple).
- Sell 2 Platinum sponsors for Spring Workshop and Annual Conference
- Utilize committee members for broader contact with prospective sponsors
- Create Separate Golf/Activity Sponsor Team for Spring Workshop and Annual Conference
- Recruit active committee members to generate leads and solicit sponsors
- Identify prospective committee members
- Invite targeted members to participate
- Meet with committee three times throughout year
- Implement improved Sponsor recognition program
- Work with GEDA staff to get sponsors on website throughout year
- Work with GEDA staff and Conference Chairs to include additional space on promotional materials, website and announcements for “Special Sponsors”.
- Expand on idea of a year-round sponsorship program
- Identify at least three potential sponsors for this category and solicit participation.
- Announce the year-round sponsorships in a press release
- Press releases with sponsors before and after Spring Workshop and Annual Meeting
- Review sponsorship packages for 2014 and present draft to staff in fall
Click here to see related Documents (Members Only)