Business Recruitment Committee
At a glance:
- Monitors trends on how to develop and attract new, emerging & innovative businesses.
- Provides members with info on the latest technology resources for recruitment in economic development practice.
- Provides analysis & advice regarding public policy issues.
The Business Recruitment Committee has a primary focus on attraction and recruitment of new business investment, especially emerging industries and innovation. Members of the committee monitor trends and disseminate information to GEDA members about ways to develop and attract new, emerging and innovative businesses. The committee also will collaborate with the GEDA Professional Development Committee to provide members with information on the latest technology resources for recruitment in economic development practice. Lastly, the Business Recruitment Committee provides analysis and advice regarding public policy issues affecting business recruitment for Georgia communities, businesses, and economic development practitioners.
For more information, contact Committee Chair Amanda Shailendra.
2013 Action Plan
- Assist with the Consultants Panel
- Collect from committee a list of ideal candidates for the panel.
- Ask consultants to speak and help with arrangements for each panelist.
- Moderate the panel.
- Further Develop the GEDA practitioner’s toolkit
- Meet with other committee chairs to develop a list of documents.
- Start collecting documents to be added to the toolkit and coordinate with GEDA staff to upload these to the website.
- Throughout the year, add new items to the list as appropriate and send to GEDA staff to be added to website.
- Share emerging best practices for prospect development (i.e. Dos and Donts presentation or Q&A Session with our Project Managers).
- Offer panel ideas to Greg Wright and Tim Evans for GEDA workshops.
- Help populate and/ or coordinate panels as needed for workshops.
Click here to see related Documents (Members Only)