Business Recruitment Committee
At a glance:
- Monitors trends on how to develop and attract new, emerging & innovative businesses.
- Provides members with info on the latest technology resources for recruitment in economic development practice.
- Provides analysis & advice regarding public policy issues.
The Business Recruitment Committee has a primary focus on attraction and recruitment of new business investment, especially emerging industries and innovation. Members of the committee monitor trends and disseminate information to GEDA members about ways to develop and attract new, emerging and innovative businesses. The committee also will collaborate with the GEDA Professional Development Committee to provide members with information on the latest technology resources for recruitment in economic development practice. Lastly, the Business Recruitment Committee provides analysis and advice regarding public policy issues affecting business recruitment for Georgia communities, businesses, and economic development practitioners.
For more information, contact Committee Chair, Charlie Moseley.
2019 Action Plan
- Secure broker event by April and consultant panel by August to help sponsorships have time to work
- Look into having a broker event in coordination with the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) (NOTE: Action taken 10.16.18 to eliminate the traditional GEDA broker event for June in 2019)
- Recap and explain the Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) annual report to the membership (use snippets that can be included in the newsletter and social media)