At a glance:
- Monitors trends on how to develop and attract new, emerging & innovative businesses.
- Provides members with info on the latest technology resources for recruitment in economic development practice.
- Provides analysis & advice regarding public policy issues.
The Business Recruitment Committee has a primary focus on attraction and recruitment of new business investment, especially emerging industries and innovation. Members of the committee monitor trends and disseminate information to GEDA members about ways to develop and attract new, emerging and innovative businesses. The committee also will collaborate with the GEDA Professional Development Committee to provide members with information on the latest technology resources for recruitment in economic development practice. Lastly, the Business Recruitment Committee provides analysis and advice regarding public policy issues affecting business recruitment for Georgia communities, businesses, and economic development practitioners.
For more information, contact Committee Chair, Al Nash.
2018 Action Plan
- Seek Committee Members for Business Recruitment Committe.
- Seek active engagement with the Site Selection Consultant community.
- Allow the GEDA members to hear actual examples of successful projects and how the project process unfolded. Provide consultant networking session and presentation from consultant on relevant topic. Host the same day.
- Execute one luncheon program that focuses on a successful deal.
- Same day presentation by consultant to smaller group focused on a relevant topic.
- Seek active engagement with the Brokerage Community Statewide and provide an opportunity for members to meet brokers, network, and discuss best practices.
- Host networking event to engage Brokers & Consultants
- Partner with Business Retention and Expansion Committee to host two working sessions focused on Workforce and Georgia Assets