Business Retention Manager - City of Dunwoody
Fill by date: January 6, 2020
Location, Dunwoody, Georgia
Category: Local Government
Position Type: Part Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Requirement: 3-5 Years
How to Apply/Contact: https://dunwoodyga.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2cbzjcwa25t
Job Decription & Details:
The City of Dunwoody is currently accepting applications for a part-time Business Retention Manager.
This position is responsible for managing the City’s business retention and expansion activities and assisting with marketing and social media campaigns focused on economic development. Responsibilities include technical, marketing and administrative tasks to promote retention of existing businesses and to maintain a favorable economic and business development climate within the City. Duties are performed under the general supervision of the Economic Development Director.
This is a part-time position (28 hours per week), and it is not eligible for benefits. The salary range noted will be prorated to 28 hours per week.
The hire date will not be before January 2020.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages all retention activities, including marketing, communication, and scheduling appointments with 100+ businesses per year. Develops and prioritizes short- and long-term plans for the business retention function.
• Understands Dunwoody’s economic development strategy and long-term vision.
• Develops a strong working knowledge of Dunwoody and the Perimeter Center business environment.
• Documents and tracks information and action that result from visits with existing companies.
• Assists with expediting the permit process within the City of Dunwoody and DeKalb County.
• Manage the Economic Development Department’s external communication, social media presence, public relations, and marketing activities.
• Design, prepare and distribute promotional materials; direct research activities regarding prospect inquiries; create proposals and presentations for prospects.
• Provides support to partner organizations in an effort to achieve Dunwoody’s economic development goals.
• Develops and maintains close working relationships with the property management community in Dunwoody.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with outside organizations; represents the City to local groups; represents the City at public gatherings and special events.
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
• Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of the job.
• May have responsibility for special events or meetings.
• Attends seminars and workshops related to the Business Retention Manager’s duties and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
a) Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Marketing or a related field from an accredited college or university.
b) Three (3) years of professional experience in economic development and/or sales and marketing.
c) An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
Salary: $56,142 - $89,827
The online employment application can be found within the job posting on the Jobs page of the City of Dunwoody website (www.dunwoodyga.gov).
Only candidates that meet all the minimum requirements above will be considered. The City of Dunwoody has been certified as a Drug-Free Workplace by the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. All job applicants for the City must undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment.