Economic Development Director - Hawkinsville/Pulaski County
Term of Appointment: Part-Time Contract Position
Probationary Period: One (l) year
GENERAL NATURE OF WORK:
The Economic Development Director is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, monitoring, and assessment of all economic development activities for the City and County. Primary focus is on traditional economic development activities (e.g. recruitment, retention, expansion, etc.) with significant concentrations on small business development (e.g. retail, restaurant, hotel, etc.), redevelopment, downtown development, industrial development and community engagement.
Primarily mix of office and field indoor sites. Some outdoor activities, night meetings required and some weekend tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in economic development, public administration, planning, business, public relations, communications, marketing, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in economic development, community development, local and regional planning, and public administration required; as well as experience in developing and implementing community engagement activities, strategic planning, group facilitation, or other areas aimed at community and economic development objectives.
- Downtown development/redevelopment experience preferred.
- Possession of a current, valid State of Georgia driver's license.
- Demonstrates ability to develop leadership teams and programs.
- Familiar with various resources available from the State of Georgia, foundations, partnerships, associations, or private sectors that support local economic development.
- Ability to effectively communicate in business English using verbal, written and digital modes.
- Understanding of partnerships and how to develop.
- Ability to coordinate and support collaborative projects involving a number of separate entities.
- Ability to translate group concepts into project plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various, diverse businesses, economic development partners, and civic organizations.
- Ability and willingness to perform all administrative, minimal, and conceptual planning functions to complete projects.
- Ability to complete projects with minimal support.
Please send resumes to: City of Hawkinsville, P.O. Box 120, Hawkinsville, GA 31036
The deadline to apply is Friday, May 3rd, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.