Under administrative direction of the Director of Community and Economic Development, assists in supporting the City’s economic development program and redevelopment activities, including efforts focused on the retention and expansion of existing businesses and efforts to bring in specific targeted businesses to the City; coordinates with City staff and developers to include the preparation of development agreements, develops and executes marketing and business development efforts, coordinates with other County and City agencies, and follows-up on business lead/interested parties.
• Assumes management responsibility for assigned services and activities of the Economic Development division including business retention, expansion, and attraction programs, and incentives; manages and administers a variety of economic development programs and incentives including fee deferral, facade improvement grants, and business retention and expansion programs and incentives.
• Manages and participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs; participates in policy formulation effecting business; recommends and administers policies and procedures.
• Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures.
• Oversees and participates in coordinating with City staff to facilitate project processing and permitting; provides information and assistance to those who contact the department for permit assistance.
• Performs a full range of marketing and public relations activities; performs research of economic information and provides market data; creates and distributes marketing and collateral materials; prepares and presents information at meetings of various organizations, groups, and clubs; prepares GIS map products; oversees and provides information and direction regarding the department’s web pages, Grow Alpharetta, and Twitter account.
• Performs a full range of business retention and attraction duties; visits businesses; provides site location, market research, and related information.
• Provides highly responsible and complex technical support and staff assistance to the Director of Community and Economic Development; conducts a variety of organizational studies, investigations, and operational studies; recommends modifications to economic development programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
• Assists with public and City staff seminars and workshops on a variety of economic development and related subjects and programs.
• Prepares a variety of reports and documents; provides input and prepares planning documents and various area plans that include business districts.
• Prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence including for the City Council and the Planning Commission.
• Responds to RFP, RFI, IOI and other requests for information for Economic Development projects from State, County, Local and Site Selectors.
• Serves as liaison and assists with the management, planning and execution of Alpharetta Development Authority meetings, initiatives, and partnerships with City of Alpharetta.
Any combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job qualifies.
• Master’s degree in business or public administration preferred or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in economic development, public or business administration, or a related field.
• Three years of increasingly responsible experience in economic development, business development, marketing and/or related activities including two years of project management.
• High level knowledge of marketing, social media, and technology.
• Flexible Schedule.
• Possession of a valid Georgia Class C driver’s license with reliable transportation.