Research Analyst- Georgia EMC
Title: Research Analyst
Organization: Georgia EMC
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Type: Full time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Experiance: 1-2 Years
- Developing comprehensive marketing materials for both project-specific and community-specific requests including demographic reports, workforce analysis, economic impact reports, and industry trends.
- Assisting our Economic Development Team, Georgia Department of Economic Development, and Local Communities in responding to Requests for Information (RFIs) by companies considering locating in Georgia.
- Providing creative ways to convert raw data into useful information and aesthetically pleasing presentations that decision-makers can easily digest using printable materials, digital publications, and Storymaps.
- Assisting with prospect-specific building & site searches, interactive maps, State & Local infrastructure maps, workforce & supplier maps, and demographic analysis to help encourage a prospective company to locate in Georgia.
- Review and refine existing research and analysis tools and products, as well as assist in identifying new and emerging research products & technologies, in order to keep Georgia EMC on the cutting edge of providing research analysis for business recruitment efforts to Georgia.
- Provide assistance in maintaining available site & building listings and marketing materials on Georgia EMC’s site selection tool (ga-sites.com), providing Georgia EMC, Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD), and other statewide/local developers with a highly reliable, data-rich database to assist in business recruitment efforts for Georgia.
- Represent Georgia EMC in developing relationships with statewide & local Economic Development related efforts/agencies, which include Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD), Georgia Economic Developers Association (GEDA), Department of Community Affairs (DCA), professional associations in related fields, universities, consultants and other economic development agencies.
- Support all Community & Economic Development Department teams, department functions and other duties that may be assigned by management.
The ideal candidate:
- Should be self-motivated and have the ability to perform both self-directed and team-oriented project work.
- Should be a strong team player with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and obligations.
- Should have excellent coordinating, organizational and analytical skills.
- Should have strong communication & presentation skills to provide information to wide and diverse audiences which may include community and political leaders, domestic & international business leaders, and other executive level experts Should have the ability to think analytically and develop creative solutions to problems.
- Should have the ability to develop and maintain professional relationships FAA Certified Drone Pilot license (Part 107) & Drone flight experience very helpful, or willingness to become a FAA Certified Drone pilot (Aeronautical Knowledge Test: "Unmanned Aircraft General – Small (UAG)").
- Strong knowledge of the following software/databases very helpful: Chmura JobsEQ, Dun and Bradstreet Hoovers, ESRI Business Analyst, & BusinessWise, ESRI ArcGIS mapping software (ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ESRI Storymaps), & Adobe Creative Suite.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in economics, business administration, marketing, geography or related field is required. Experience in economic development, research, GIS systems with appropriate experience in graphic and oral presentations is highly desired.
Georgia Electric Membership Corporation offer a highly competitive benefits package that includes annual performance pay awards, exceptional medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) match and direct contribution, pension, tuition assistance and professional licensing reimbursement, flexible work schedules and telecommuting. Georgia Electric Membership Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.