Research Analyst II
Position: Research Analyst II
Organization: Electric Cities of Georgia, Inc
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Type: Full time
Education Requirement: Bachelors Degree
Experiance: 3-5 Yrs
- Responsible for the design and implementation of comprehensive market information and data analysis in support of business recruitment and expansion efforts.
- Performs research, data collection, and economic, statistical and demographic analysis using professionally accepted techniques and methodologies.
- Provides custom research in support of business retention and recruitment efforts.
- Maintains contemporary knowledge and skills in how to best utilize the departments various mapping and database systems for the production of multiple types of studies and maps related to communities, industrial buildings and sites.
- Assembles various community and site information research for prospect proposal packages and presentations (buildings, sites, labor force, tax, community/state incentives, cost of living, etc.) and performs various types of research (comparisons, in-depth industry analysis, case studies, etc.) for companies considering Georgia as a location to do business.
- Develops and maintains highly accurate lists of prospects across all market sectors. Assists departmental staff in the implementation of direct mail and other marketing campaigns.
- Assists in development of content for production and creation of collateral materials and other marketing message delivery mechanisms.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with departmental and company-wide staff along with members and allies. Proactively seeks ways to be of assistance to staff in implementing programs and initiatives. Develops and maintains recognition as a key team player among all department, company and members employees.
- Updates and maintains various types of information on department’s website as directed by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job effectively, the individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Methods or techniques of research, statistical analysis and report preparation.
- Economic development concepts and strategies including economic incentive and financing methods; and business, market and economic indicators and trends.
- Knowledge and experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS software suite with a focus on Business Analyst, Web AppBuilder, and StoryMaps.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge and experience with fiscal and economic modeling.
- Analyze business and economic data, draw logical conclusions and make sound decisions and recommendations.
- Interpret and apply federal, state, and local policies, laws and regulations as related to Economic Development.
- Maintain effective interdepartmental project coordination.
- A passion for analytical storytelling.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
Generally, requires a bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration, marketing, planning, public administration or related field and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a research role. Candidates with less than 3 years overall experience will be considered if economic development background is exceptionally strong. Must also be a self-starter and team player with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
This position may require limited travel (5% or less) to local, regional, state and national business functions/appointments. Position requires some evening and weekend work as related to required travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Email resume to Sheri Braddick (firstname.lastname@example.org)