DiverseED Mentorship Program
You could be our next hometown hero.
Community and economic developers drive Georgia’s future. They help to grow jobs and attract investment, strengthening communities. Careers span business recruitment and retention, urban planning, commercial and industrial development, international trade, project management and more. Georgia’s future is bright and richly diverse – and we believe, the economic development industry should reflect that rich diversity. Are you ready to help Georgia grow?
DiverseED Mentorship Program Application [fs27.formsite.com] Applications are due by December 10, 2021.
GEDA members, nominate a candidate for DiverseED [fs27.formsite.com] Nominations are due by December 10, 2021.
Who should apply?
College students, recent graduates and professionals (with 1-5 years of experience in ED or similar fields with transferrable skills/complementary experience) who are seeking exposure to career, continuing education and networking.
What are the benefits?
- Growth and development of economic development professionals
- Access to experienced GEDA members who are committed to the success of future leaders in economic development
- Monthly education and training sessions, along with networking and one-on-one coaching
- Information on ED careers at local, regional and state levels
What can mentees expect?
- Meet with your mentor at least once per month
- Information on careers and leadership opportunities through networking and training sessions
- Actively utilize the GEDA network (view GEDA event calendar) [geda.org/events]
- Notification of acceptance to the program by January 15, 2022.
- DicerseED Mentorship Kickoff meeting on February 21, 2022.
GEDA members, we need your help! Click here for more on being a DiverseED mentor, program ambassador or speaker.