DiverseED Mentor Opportunities
GEDA members, nominate a candidate for DiverseED [fs27.formsite.com] Nominations are due by December 10, 2021
We are looking for volunteers to foster the next generation of economic development leaders of color.
Mentors...Experienced ED and CD leaders who are committed to investing in the growth and development of diverse economic development candidates. Apply to be a mentor. Applications are due by January 21, 2021.
As a DiverseED mentor, you will guide, share knowledge, and offer encouragement to help your mentee grow professionally and personally. You will introduce ED career pathways and offer shadowing opportunities. Responsibilities include:
- Meeting with mentee at least once per month
- Committing to regular communication and timely response to requests
- Providing information on ED careers at local, regional and state levels
- Attending DiverseED mentor training sessions and recruiting events
- Introducing mentee to key ED contacts and resources
- Introducing shadowing opportunities in ED
- Maintaining confidentiality and valuing diverse perspectives
Ambassadors…Individuals who will increase awareness of the Diverse ED program, promoting the network, training events and important deadlines.
As an ambassador, you will work closely with GEDA staff to develop marketing strategies and identify potential candidates for DiverseED. Responsibilities include:
- Educating EDOs, community leaders and potential applicants on DiverseED benefits
- Representing DiverseED key community events and meetings
- Posting social media content and sending emails to promote special events
- Connecting with EDOs to establish career and board shadowing opportunities
- Attending DiverseED networking and recruiting events
Contact Chris Pumphrey for more information.
Speakers…Individuals who are willing to share their experiences and knowledge during DiverseED education and training sessions.
Speakers will share ideas and enthusiasm, inspiring participants to consider ED career opportunities. Our focus will be on network building, leadership development and career mapping. Your participation will help guide personal and professional growth. We are seeking a range of topics and formats – from business success stories to personal journeys. Potential audiences include young professionals, high school students, EDOs, community leaders and educators. Contact Chris Pumphrey for more information.