GEDA 2022 August Monthly Meeting
Fall Line Brewing567 Plum Street
Macon, GA 31201-2837
Macon: The Business of Music
Join us on Monday, August 8th, 2022 in Macon, GA at Fall Line Brewing. There will be a great line up of speakers discussing how the music industry impacts economic development, as well as networking opportunities before and after the program.
10:45 AM - 12:00 PM Registration & Networking
11:45 AM - 12:30 PM Lunch Buffet
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM Program
2:00 PM Optional Activities Begin
Mayor Lester Miller
Mayor, Macon-Bibb County
Lester M. Miller is the second Mayor of Macon-Bibb County’s Consolidated Government, and the community’s first mayor in 13 years. Once Election Day had passed, he immediately built a diverse Transition Team celebrating the rich diversity of this community by bringing together more than community leaders and experts from various sectors to map out priorities and a direction for the consolidated government.
Executive Director, Macon-Bibb County Industrial Authority
Stephen is a Macon, Georgia native. After interning with the Macon Economic Development Commission, Stephen was hired as the Project Manager for the Macon-Bibb County Industrial Authority in June 2009 and has worked his way to the top. Since joining the Authority, Stephen has served as Director of Operations, Project Manager, Economic Development Director, and currently is the Executive Director. As Executive Director for the Authority, Stephen serves as the single point of contact for all new locations and industry expansions in Macon-Bibb County.
Executive Director, Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority
Alex Morrison has served as the Executive Director of the Urban Development Authority since 2011. His role is to work directly with the UDA board to collectively and creatively solve issues that rise with urban revitalization and move ideas into transformation projects for Downtown Macon.
Vice-President & Executive Director, Otis Redding Foundation
Karla Redding-Andrews, a native of Jones County, Georgia, has a passion for education paired with music and the arts. She graduated from Georgia Southern University in 1985 with a BS in Public Relations. In addition to her role with the Foundation, Redding-Andrews, oversees the day to day operations of the Foundation whose motto is ‘Progress through Education-Enlighten through Music & the Arts.
CEO, Visit Macon
Gary Wheat has been President/CEO at Visit Macon since January of 2017. A native of Prentiss, Mississippi, Gary has been serving in the tourism industry 23 years with 18 years of experience at the CEO level. He has been the CEO in starting two tourism organizations from the ground up with both showing continued growth and stability.
Post-Event Optional Activities
Fall Line Brewery Tour
- $10 to attend, registration required
- 2pm – 3:30pm (Groups of 10-15 will go at a time)
- Tour of Fall Line Brewery, 4 beer samples included
- Limit: 30 ppl
- Free to attend, registration required
- 2pm – 3:30pm
- Musical History of Macon, including the famous Capricorn records (Recording studio of Macon greats like the Allman Brothers)
- Transportation from Fall Line included
Robins Air Force Base Windshield Tour
- Free to attend, registration required
- 2:30pm tour start time
- Transportation on your own to Museum of Aviation
- 1942 Heritage Blvd, Robins AFB, GA 31098
Georgia Congressional & MBCIA Networking Social
- Free to attend, RSVP Here
- 4:30 pm – 6 pm
- Fall Line Brewery
- Invitees include GEDA members, Chamber guests, and community leaders
Stay in Macon for August 9th Event:
The Georgia Chamber of Commerce Congressional Luncheon will take place the day after GEDA’s luncheon, also in Macon, at the Macon Marriott City Center. Here is the link for those wishing to register for the GCC luncheon on Tuesday, August 9th.
Fall Line Brewing has a private parking across the street with 80 spaces. Spots are limited but the surrounding area has ample street parking. Please do not park in 7th Street Salvage's lot next door, as they have private spaces for customers only.
|Early Registration||Regular Registration|
Cancellation, Refund, & No-Show Policy
- A registrant who does not submit a written cancellation, or attend the luncheon, is considered a "No-Show.” No-Shows are not eligible for refunds or credits, and are still liable for outstanding balances. Those who are ill and have a doctor’s excuse or a death in the family will be excused.
- Substitutions will be accepted at any time.
- There will be no refunds or credits for cancellations after the close of business (5:00 pm) seven days prior the event.
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing (email or hard copy) and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee.
- When possible, refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
- For those who have registered and choose the bill me or pay by check option, you are still subject to the refund policy.