February 2023 Luncheon
Featuring Speaker Jon Burns at Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center
Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center800 Spring Street Northwest
Atlanta, GA 30308
Please join GEDA on Monday, February 13th, 2023 at Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center.
Speaker Jon Burns
Georgia's 75th Speaker of the House
Speaker Jon Burns (R-Newington) was elected as Georgia’s 75th Speaker of the House of Representatives in January 2023. He represents the 159th legislative district of Georgia that includes Screven County and portions of Effingham and Bulloch Counties. He was first elected to the House in 2004.
As Speaker, he serves as the House’s chief administrative officer. Speaker Burns also presides over House floor sessions, assigns bills to committees, and calls matters before
As a legislator, Speaker Burns has worked to bring sound environmentally balanced economic development, world class healthcare, quality education, and improved transportation to Georgia.Speaker Burns served as House Majority Leader from 2015 until his nomination as Speaker. He previously served as Chairman of the House Game, Fish & Parks Committee and as Chairman of the House Special Rules Committee. No stranger to public service, Speaker Burns was the 12th Congressional District member on the Georgia Department of Transportation (DOT) Board prior to serving in the State House.
Speaker Burns was born and raised in Effingham County. He graduated from Effingham County High School and earned his Bachelor's degree in Political Science from Georgia Southern College. He holds a Juris Doctor degree from John Marshall Law School. Speaker Burns and his wife, Dayle, live on the family farm in northern Effingham County. Mrs. Burns is a retired educator. Speaker Burns is an active member and Sunday School Superintendent at Mizpah Church. They have two grown sons, two lovely daughter-in-laws, and five beautiful grandchildren.
Ample Self Parking (1,500 space parking garage connected to the hotel) $15 daily (one-time access); $18 for unlimited in/out access. Prices are subject to change.
|Early Registration||Regular Registration|
|10:45 AM - 12:00 PM||Registration & Networking|
|12:00 PM - 1:30 PM||Luncheon & Program|
If you are coming in from out of town, we encourage you to book a room with Georgia Tech Hotel. GEDA has a block from February 12th to February 14th, 2023.
Deadline to book within GEDA Block is Friday, Febraury 3rd.
For More Event Information:
Cancellation, Refund, & No-Show Policy
- A registrant who does not submit a written cancellation, or attend the event, is considered a "No-Show.” No-Shows are not eligible for refunds or credits, and are still liable for outstanding balances. Those who are ill and have a doctor’s excuse or a death in the family will be excused.
- Substitutions will be accepted at any time.
- There will be no refunds or credits for cancellations after the close of business (5:00 pm) seven days prior the event.
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing (email or hard copy) and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee.
- When possible, refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
- For those who have registered and choose the bill me or pay by check option, you are still subject to the refund policy.