Digital Projects and Content Specialist
Title: Digital Projects and Content Specialist
Organization: Georgia Department of Economic Development
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Type: Full time
Experiance: 3+ Yrs in a professional role supporting an agency or company’s digital efforts.
The Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD or “Department”) is the state's sales and marketing arm, the lead agency for attracting new business investment, encouraging the expansion of existing industry, locating new markets for Georgia products, attracting tourists to Georgia, promoting the state as a location for film and video projects, as well as planning and mobilizing state resources for economic development. GDEcD’s Marketing, Communications and International Engagement Division develops and manages all marketing, communications and interactive needs for GDEcD; upholds brand standards; and maintains the Georgia.org, Gaarts.org, Tourism Partner Extranet and Industry portal and ExploreGa.org websites.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Digital Projects and Content Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and managing interactive project plans and updating website content as needed
- Developing strategy and Scopes of Work for digital projects for internal stakeholders
- Supporting multiple projects in the areas of web design, digital marketing campaigns and email marketing
- Possessing a solid understanding of digital marketing principles, both strategic and tactical, social media content/posting/reporting and metric analysis, and solid project management experience
- Building HTML email templates for multiple clients and updating regularly for various campaigns
- Providing technical assistance to internal and external clients
- Recommending specific types of improvement and integrations within the department’s three flagship websites
- Assisting in defining target audiences, and work within the team to develop social content strategies
- Managing, analyzing, and tracking social advertising campaign performance
This role will work under the direction and supervision of the Director of Digital Marketing, and will work closely on projects with GDEcD’s Digital Agency of Record.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, computer science or a related field OR Two (2) years of closely related experience.
- Experience working within email marketing platform such as Mailchimp
- Working knowledge of a Content Management System, preferably Drupal or Wordpress
- Experience with SEO/SEM and optimization. Or: 2 years in a professional role supporting an agency or company’s digital efforts
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Google Analytics
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite Experience with a Project Management System (preferably Basecamp) Experience working in a marketing automation platform such as Hubspot, Marketo, Mailchimp, etc.
- 3+ years in a professional role supporting an agency or company’s digital efforts.
- Strong working knowledge of Mailchimp
- Internal or external agency experience
- Experience with front end coding
- HTML/CSS experience
- Minimal. Primarily local/state, for meetings and events.
- Weekends & Nights: Occasionally
To apply for this position, you must submit your resumé and cover letter (PDF format preferred) via the link on our careers page. If you do not have internet access or require an accommodation because of a disability, please contact GDEcD Human Resources at 404-962-4000 or email email@example.com.