Economic Development Program Manager - Invest Atlanta
This position will be posted until June 5, 2023
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Category: Chamber of Commerce, Consulting, Development Authority, Local Government, State Government, Economic Development
Position Type: Full Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Requirement: 3-5 years
Job Description & Details
Economic Development Program Manager Job Description
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Economic Development, the Program Manager will manage, coordinate and implement economic development programs within the Westside - Proctor Creek Corridor, including the healthy foods access / grocery store growth strategy, Choice Neighborhoods Initiative, as well as the business attraction, retention and expansion, and business association engagement efforts. The Program Manager will also be responsible for identifying and sustaining strategic partnerships, managing relationships and seeking out investment and funding opportunities that will enhance the economic prosperity within the corridor. The successful candidate will be offered a 2-year full-time position with benefits.
- Manage and execute strategies related to the Healthy Food Access strategy, including improving small grocery, corner and convenience stores, as well as retaining and attracting grocery stores and supermarkets in the corridor.
- Manage the Bowen Choice Neighborhood program in conjunction with partners.
- Implement business attraction marketing and recruitment programs and activities at the national and international level; lead the maintenance and handling of new business prospects in the geographic area.
- Schedule face-to-face interaction with local businesses to determine areas of support from Invest Atlanta and work with partner agencies on major projects.
- Provide preliminary analysis of potential projects, including project readiness and feasibility, economic and community impact, and consistency with redevelopment and corridor plans.
- Partner with Marketing to develop marketing and communication strategies designed to attract private investment and connect businesses with resources.
- Lead ongoing community outreach efforts and dialogue with businesses, business associations and other stakeholders regarding Westside activities.
- Assist in leveraging available federal, state, local and private funds to support integrated strategic investment for the corridor.
- Ensure that data is entered in the CRM system, provide reporting on progress toward goals, and collect and help analyze data for planning and tracking.
- Travel locally to meet with partners, prospects and attend conferences, trade shows, and other relevant events etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor' s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Economic Development, Urban Planning, Commercial Real Estate, Economics, Finance, or a related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- Three to five years progressively responsible work experience or management of projects and programs in economic development, redevelopment, commercial real estate development, banking, financial planning, business assistance and service, chamber of commerce, government, public facility or infrastructure development, public and/or private finance, or workforce development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in economic development and cultivating public private partnerships;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to cultivate and maintain effective relationships with government, business, political and community leaders;
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals from various racial, cultural, ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to manage a high workload, multiple projects, and competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to work well under pressure.
- High ethical standards and values.
- Knowledge of local, state and national policies, issues and best practices regarding economic development;
- Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data;
- Knowledge of trends, developments, and techniques in the field of economic development and non-profit administration.
- Strong computer skills; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other software programs, including a CRM.
- Preferred: experience using CoStar, LOCI and IMPLAN.
Resumes should be submitted to email@example.com.
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not limited to minorities, females, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply