Economic Development Project Manager - Atlanta BeltLine
Position to be filled by: October 2023
Company: Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Category: Construction, Consulting, Development Authority
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Requirement: 3-5 years
The Atlanta BeltLine is the largest revitalization effort in the history of Atlanta, encompassing almost 20 percent of the city. It features 22 miles of light-rail streetcar transit, several crosstown streetcar transit line extensions to serve the city’s inner core, 33 miles of paved urban trails, over 1,300 acres of new parkland, 46 miles of streetscapes and intersection improvements, one of the South’s largest installations of public art, brownfield reclamation, and the creation of 5,600 affordable housing units and 30,000 jobs in the neighborhoods surrounding the underutilized and abandoned railroad corridor. In addition, ABI is committed to advancing equity and inclusion within the organization, along the corridor, and throughout all programs and projects.
The Economic Development Department is responsible for facilitating the creation of 50,000 permanent jobs, 48,000 one-year construction jobs, and attracting $10 billion in new private investment expenditures within the Atlanta BeltLine Planning Area. This included working with neighborhoods, economic development organizations, developers, and businesses. The Economic Development Project Manager will play a key role within Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. (ABI)'s Economic Development Department, reports directly to the Director of Economic Development. This role will focus on both direct and indirect activities to support business attraction, job expansion around the Atlanta BeltLine, as well as providing support organization’s commercial affordability work, digital inclusion and innovation initiatives, assistance in the pre-development and activation of ABI owned land, data and analysis to track progress toward the Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.’s jobs and private investment goals and general support to the Director of Economic Development in the implementation of the Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.’s economic development program. The Economic Development Manager must represent ABI professionally in various interactions, in all dealings with colleagues, citizens, patrons, partners, developers and vendors and apply fundamental principles of ABI to daily activities, including but not limited to Equitable Development, Brownfield Remediation, job creation, economic development, historic preservation, art and street scape improvements, parks, trails, and transit.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor an employment Visa at this time.
- Assist the Economic Development Director to execute ABI's commercial affordability and smart cities initiatives.
- Project manage external consultants for the development implementation, and recommendations of key strategies (i.e. commercial affordability, digital inclusion, etc.)
- Assist managing day-to-day operations of the BeltLine MarketPlace program.
- Coordinate innovative activations to support existing commercial affordability and smart cities projects on the trail (i.e. BeltLine MarketPlace).
- Assist the Economic Development Director with various tasks including presentations, report writing, social media engagement, and timely responses to economic development inquiries.
- Cross-departmental collaboration to drive organizational buy-in on projects.
- Manage and support programs targeting in economically distressed areas, with the intent of positively advancing challenges encountered by black owned businesses.
- Support predevelopment activities for designated properties, properties with the intent of advancing ABI’s community stabilization, overall affordability and jobs objectives. It further includes maintaining sources and knowledge of properties that can accommodate new business expansions and locations.
- Lead coordination with external partners, organizing meetings, agendas, and facilitating collaboration.
- Support data gathering and analysis related to economic indicators, conditions including leading projects related to economic impact research and storytelling.
- Manage requests for proposals, funding applications, and grant submissions for departmental initiatives.
- Work with the communications team to communicate our initiatives and programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Business Management, Real Estate or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in economic development/community development, data analysis, planning, or marketing. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be given consideration.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and assess how to manage the communication flow accordingly.
- High attention to detail and exemplary problem-solving skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and work effectively with minimal.
- Proven ability to thrive in a highly driven atmosphere while juggling multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated Business Development experience.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated business social media and outreach experience.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workflow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, especially in the area of communicating with a variety of stakeholders, including the general public, contractors, public sector employees and developers.
- Proven expertise in compiling, analyzing and presenting data using MS Excel or other software.
- Proven expertise in quickly assembling attractive PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience with GIS, public data sources, generating maps and renderings a plus.
- Commitment to promoting the Vision, Mission and Core Values of ABI while fostering a collegial work environment.
- Understanding the impacts of institutional and systemic barriers on marginalized communities and a commitment to integrating equity and inclusion throughout all facets of your work.
Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Equity Note: Research suggests that women and Black, Indigenous and other persons of color are less likely than men and white job seekers to apply for positions unless they are confident they meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We strongly encourage all interested individuals to apply, and allow us to evaluate the knowledge, skills and abilities that you demonstrate, using an intentional equity lens.