The Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. (ABI) is the largest public infrastructure redevelopment program in Atlanta’s history that includes 22 miles of light-rail transit located in the Atlanta BeltLine corridor, 33 miles of trails, over 1,200 acres of new parkland, 46 miles of new streets and streetscapes, public art, 1,100 acres of brownfield reclamation, and the creation of more than 30,000 jobs and 5,600 affordable housing units in the neighborhoods surrounding an underutilized railroad corridor. In addition, ABI is committed to advancing equity and inclusion within the organization, along the corridor, and throughout all program and projects.
Atlanta BeltLine, Inc (ABI) is seeking to hire an Economic Development Project Manager. Applicants must be self‐motivated and able to work in a small organization environment that requires a well‐rounded skill set. The Economic Development Project Manager’s primary responsibilities will include regular economic analysis, program delivery, new revenue growth support, external education (to include equity and inclusion, community engagement, overall education and impact assessment) and analytical management and strategic direction support. Successful candidates will be able to work across multiple departments to advance the mission and goals of the organization. PRIMARY
RESPONSIBILITIES Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Economic Development the position will be responsible for the following specifics:
• Conduct existing industry visits for the purpose of growing and retaining those businesses
• Engage and support the strengthening of programs and activities that impact businesses in economically distressed parts of the Atlanta BeltLine in with the intent of positively advancing challenges encountered by black owned businesses.
• Execute the façade improvement program with the support of the economic development team.
• Coordinate and facilitate the creation and delivery of workforce development programs.
• Collaborate with team members to develop and execute analytical approaches to identify and track potential emerging issues through data analysis
• Understand business context and data elements of varying data sources
• Work with cross-functional stakeholders in support of Atlanta Beltline initiatives
• Support standard and ad-hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis and insightful interpretations
• Clearly communicate analysis findings, summarize results and provide recommendations to varying levels of the organization
• Promotes the Vision, Mission and Core Values of ABI while fostering a collegial work environment
• Works on multiple research and evaluation projects simultaneously.
• Cleans and manages quantitative data sets.
• Designs protocols for the collection of quantitative data.
• Manages and contributes to data collection efforts.
• Assists with proposal development.
• Writes substantive reports, briefs, and memos independently or as part of a team
• May contribute to communications and dissemination efforts.
• Support business development activities by clearly and concisely presenting data and analysis to partners, stakeholders, company representatives, and community residents
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Master’s degree in data visualization, data science, business, economics, marketing or related field desirable. Experience: The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in Data Analysis experience preferably within the economic development, real estate, planning, or related field. This role will emphasize the use of tools and methods to visualize data but will also have a strong focus on analyzing the data to help come up with solutions that align with the vision, mission, goals, and outcomes of the organization.
• Economic development project management support via existing industry and recruitment
• Data, Marketing and Business Analysis & Research
• Understanding the impacts of institutional and systemic barriers on marginalized communities and a commitment to integrating equity and inclusion throughout all facets of your work.
• Knowledge and experience with statistical tools/languages: R, Python
• Data Management
• Data visualization in Excel/PowerPoint and/or a data visualization tool such as Tableau
• Experience with data from state government, US Census, Bureau of Labor Statistics, etc.
• Ability to clearly communicate complex information for general audiences
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and required cover letter to email@example.com by September 11, 2020.
Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.