The Greater Columbus Georgia Chamber of Commerce (the “Chamber”) is the lead business, marketing, and economic growth organization in the Columbus Georgia area. The organization is responsible for driving activities that coordinate business connectivity, attracts new businesses and capital investment, fosters a sense of place, and supports a talented workforce. The Economic Development Project Manager plays a critical support role in developing and advancing the economic development strategy and execution of the organization’s mission. This position actively supports the Chamber internally and externally in advancing economic development primarily via attraction of jobs, new private investment, and expansions; leading to overall economic growth.
The Economic Development Project Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of Economic Development. The Economic Development Project Manager will also coordinate and collaborate across the organization at the direction of the department manager.
• Develop and track economic impact measures that will serve as benchmarks for future economic development strategies and annual goal setting.
• Work with local, regional, state-wide, and national strategic partners including Georgia Department of Economic Development, site selection consultants, and other entities involved in the economic development process to advance economic development for Columbus, the Valley Partnership, and the region.
• Organize and conduct outreach to existing businesses that are located in Columbus.
• Develop and maintain relationships with partner entities who can support the growth and development of the economic development project pipeline.
• Promote and market Columbus and the region to prospective businesses at meetings, conferences, and other venues.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date inventory of available properties, existing industrial parks, greenfield, brownfield sites, existing buildings, spec buildings and be prepared to present to partners and prospective business clients.
• Respond to inquiries from prospective and existing businesses, brokers, and property owners quickly.
• Assist the economic development team to ensure that website materials, research data, and demographics are correct and support our ability to compete for opportunities.
• Manage special projects and outreach to support the growth and connectivity of small businesses. • Promote the mission and core values of the Chamber while supporting a positive work environment.
• Support regional activities as needed (including engagement with the Valley Partnership Joint Development Authority).
• Support military engagement as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required.
• Familiarity with Economic Development a plus.
• Experience with team structure, including individual and team goals, team building and team leadership skills.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to build and implement tracking tools.
• Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment, and be highly organized. He or she must also use good judgment; have the ability to understand the big picture and the logical order of projects.
• Time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously; must be able to adapt to change quickly.
• Solutions-oriented professional focused on attaining performance results.
• Strategic, innovative, and thrives on facilitating and building strong relationships with businesses, partners, and internal team members.
• Ability to interface professionally with senior-level business and government executives.
• Strong communicator with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, especially in the area of communicating with a variety of stakeholders (i.e. general public and the business community).
• High level of ethical standards, discipline to self-start and work independently and remotely.
• Candidate must have the ability to travel as needed (15 - 20%).
• Computer and basic software skills (ex. Microsoft Office).