Executive Director - Central State Hospital Local Redevelopment Authority (CSHLRA)
This position will be posted until September 26, 2023
Organization: Central State Hospital Local Redevelopment Authority (CSHLRA)
Location: Milledgeville, GA
Categories: Development Authority
Position Type: Full Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 3 - 5 years
Salary: $85,000.00 - $99,000.00
How to Apply/Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description & Details
Thank you for your interest in the Executive Director position at the Renaissance Park Campus, formerly known as Central State Hospital, in Milledgeville, Georgia. We, the Central State Hospital Local Redevelopment Authority (CSHLRA) Board, are excited to introduce you to our vibrant working environment and the unique culture that drives our mission forward. As an Executive Director, you will have the opportunity to lead and execute in all areas of need for the organization, including management in the following areas: physical, operational, and program development, community relations, and board relations, collaborate with passionate individuals, and make a lasting impact on the community we serve.
The Executive Director manages the planning, marketing, and implementing of economic redevelopment and revitalization programs for the Central State Hospital Local Redevelopment Authority (CSHLRA), a special purpose political unit created in 2012 by the Georgia General Assembly to repurpose and reuse the 2,000-acre former campus of the Central State Hospital in Milledgeville, Georgia. The CSHLRA has an overall goal of enhancing the physical and economic character of the real property with a primary consideration being the creation of jobs. The Executive Director will work within fiscal and operational limits established by the nine-member board of CSHLRA to implement Authority objectives.
At our organization, we foster an inclusive and collaborative working environment that values teamwork, creativity, and continuous learning. We believe that a supportive workplace is essential for personal growth and the achievement of our organizational goals. Our team comprises talented individuals from diverse backgrounds who bring a wide range of skills, perspectives, and experiences to the table. We encourage open communication, respect differing opinions, and actively promote a culture of inclusivity.
Our organizational culture is deeply rooted in our mission to create positive change in Milledgeville. We are driven by a shared commitment to making a difference and improving the lives of those we serve. As an Executive Director, you will join a passionate group of individuals who are dedicated to addressing the critical challenges our organization tackles. Collaboration, innovation, and a relentless pursuit of excellence are at the core of our culture.
As an Executive Director, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a highly engaged board, leveraging their expertise and guidance to drive strategic initiatives. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of our organization, build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, and drive impactful programs that address the needs of our community.
Joining our organization as an Executive Director means becoming part of a dedicated team that is passionate about making a positive difference in Milledgeville. We are excited to welcome an exceptional leader who shares our vision and is committed to achieving our mission. If you are driven, adaptable, and ready to contribute to meaningful change, we invite you to apply and join us on this rewarding journey.
This position manages the day-to-day operations, planning, budgeting, capital acquisitions, public relations, social media strategy and digital image, real estate negotiations, professional service contracts and capital planning for the CSHLRA as defined by Georgia House Bill 815(2012). The Executive Director is also involved with advanced professional work which is focused on the revitalization and community enhancement within the Authority’s districts through redevelopment, capital improvement, and branding.
This position also serves as a liaison to all levels of government, businesses, and property owners with the overall goal of enhancing the physical and economic character of real estate with primary consideration being the creation of jobs. The Executive Director also negotiates contracts, develops incentives, recruits compatible development activity and supervises consultants and advisors, as well as handles day to day operations, oversees staff, manages annual budget and is directly accountable and reports to the CSHLRA Board. Social media skills are extremely important, as we want to enhance and broaden our digital footprint through our social media platforms and website.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the task performed within this position. The omission of essential functions does not preclude management or the Board from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
Executive Director’s Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies that will successfully promote the Authority's mission.
- Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the Board’s operations and programs.
- Drive to collaborate well and assemble effective teams.
- Commitment to providing excellent guidance and coaching to subordinate staff, develop internal policies and procedures, evaluate program effectiveness.
- Remain committed to compliance with all internal policies and legal regulations in every area of the organization's daily activities, including fostering development of short and long-term plans, policies, and guidelines for the redevelopment of the Authority’s geographical base.
- Outstanding management skills to direct and oversee the Authority’s action items.
- Provide support and assistance to the CSHLRA board and committees including administration, public relations, budgeting, record retention, and meeting management.
- Aptitude for forging and maintaining fruitful relationships of trust with shareholders, economic development partners, external authorities, prospecting agencies such as the Georgia Department of Economic Development, utility organizations, and others.
- Poise and strength of character needed to be the public face representing the Board, remaining ever mindful of the need to maintain good public relations standing.
- Ability to review and provide constructive feedback on reports made by staff.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the Authority’s overall health at all times.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take proactive measures against possible challenges, and resolve issues quickly, managing crises rapidly and effectively when necessary.
- Coordinate and manage the maintenance and upkeep of all real property owned or managed by the CSHLRA.
- Provide oversight and management of all real property development projects at CSHLRA.
- Develop event plans and calendars ensuring all aspects of events held on campus grounds are carefully coordinated.
- Negotiate contracts for events including things like setup, cleanup, and audio-visual requirements.
- Coordinate with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to ensure timely delivery of services and adherence to quality standards.
- Manage all events and attendee communications to ensure a seamless experience for participants.
- Market properties to industrial prospects, site consultants, and the real estate brokerage community.
- Conduct effective prospect visits and negotiate incentive agreements and contracts with prospects within guidelines set by CSHLRA board.
- Represent CSHLRA in a professional manner and maintain strict confidentiality of information and operations at all times.
- Make presentations to CSHLRA board, community groups, and government stakeholders regarding redevelopment and CSHLRA initiatives.
- Work closely and constructively with local governments and community development groups to promote the economic growth of Milledgeville and Baldwin County. Executive
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Takes initiative.
- Works independently.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
Executive Director Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Marketing, Public Administration, Economics, Urban Planning, or Management from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- MS/MA in business administration or relevant field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of proven experience as an Executive Director or in other managerial position.
- Significant experience in developing successful strategies and plans.
- Proven success in fundraising and networking.
- Strong working knowledge of finance and metrics of performance, real estate, marketing, communications, project management, and common modern office policies, practices, and procedures including proficient computer skills.
- In-depth knowledge of management, governance principles, and managerial best practices.
- Experience managing staff and complex projects.
- Aptitude for analytical thinking, capable of creative solutions to solve problems thoroughly and rapidly.
- Impeccable organizational skills and leadership abilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written English usage skills with strong interpersonal and leadership skills including ability to speak comfortably in front of large groups.
- Capable of representing the Authority in a professional manner when working with governmental and private stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must reside in Baldwin or surrounding counties or, if hired, relocate to area within six (6) months of hire date.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license during employment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are subject to background checks and drug test. The salary range for the Executive Director's position is from $85,000.00 to $99,000.00, with comprehensive benefits offered as part of the compensation package and will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
When applying for this position, it is essential to include (3) relevant professional references that can attest to your skills and accomplishments.
Any candidate will also have to verify credentials including but not limited to sealed official transcripts, driver’s license, certifications, etc.
Please visit our website to learn more: Renaissance Park - Reimagine, Reinvent, Reinvest (renaissanceparkga.com)
Interested candidates should apply online, by mail, or by email with a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references to: CSHLRA2023@gmail.com or submit by mail to:
CSHLRA Search Committee P.O. Box 1201 Milledgeville, GA 31059