Golden Isles College & Career Academy CEO & Workforce Strategy Leader
Title: Golden Isles College & Career Academy CEO & Workforce Strategy Leader
Organization: Glynn County Schools
Education Requirement: Bachelors
Expeiance Requirement: 5-10yrs
Location: Brunswick, GA
Position Type: Full time
Job Description & Details:
The CEO/Workforce Strategy Leader reports to the Board of Directors of the Golden Isles College and Career Academy (GICCA) and works closely with all GICCA partners (Glynn County Schools, Coastal Pines Technical College, & Golden Isles Development Authority) in achieving GICCA’s mission and vision, increasing GICCA enrollment and developing the future workforce for Glynn County.
Residency: Must live in Glynn or McIntosh County, or be willing to relocate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
*Exceptional communication skills; written, verbal and presentation.
*Build and promote positive connections with diverse community stakeholders
*Develop productive partnerships with employers and business leaders
*Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
*Organizational and administrative skills
*Program development; create, implement, promote, monitor, and evaluate program goals and initiatives
*Lead, collaborate and influence effectively
*Marketing and fundraising skills
*Managing multiple tasks, projects and priorities
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Increases enrollment at GICCA, Dual Enrollment (Options A and B) and Coastal Pines Technical College (CPTC) through marketing, communications, outreach initiatives and innovative programs.
2. Leads and coordinates funding initiatives; grant opportunities, special programs, fundraising events and private/employer funding. Represents GICCA in community events and activities.
3. Coordinates student scholarship program on behalf of the GICCA Board and in collaboration with GICCA administration.
4. Serves as a business liaison building strong partnerships and connections with local employers, Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce and Golden Isles Development Authority.
5. Serves as Workforce Development Project Manager for implementation of the Golden Isles Talent Development Strategy.
6. Assesses and understands the workforce development needs of local employers; champions programs and pathways designed to meet those needs.
7. Ensures strong alignment and synergy between GICCA, CPTC, the College of Coastal Georgia (CCGA) and other key stakeholders.
8. Actively supports and promotes the Work Based Learning program to increase internship opportunities within the community.
9. Administers and coordinates GICCA Board meetings, activities, financials and Bylaws.
10. Collaborates with Glynn County School System, CPTC and the GICCA Board to manage the Performance Contract review and renewal process, TCSG certification and GA DOE reporting.
11. Works closely with CTAE leaders to provide information and guidance on workforce development while also sharing with employers the work that’s being done in our schools related to talent development.
12. Performs other such duties as may be assigned. WORK DAYS: 240 EVALUATION: This position will be jointly evaluated by the GICCA Board of Directors, GCS Superintendent, CPTC representative and GI Development Authority representative.
WORK DAYS: 240 EVALUATION: This position will be jointly evaluated by the GICCA Board of Directors, GCS Superintendent, CPTC representative and GI Development Authority representative.
Apply/Contact here: www.teachglynn.com