Summary: This position requires increased autonomy and strong team skills in the areas of marketing, lead generation and project management. Economic Development objectives aimed at the attraction, retention and expansion of industrial/commercial/retail development throughout the Electric Cities of Georgia (ECG) communities. Economic Development objectives aimed at increasing ECG Participant and various community leader’s knowledge and expertise in innovative industrial, commercial and retail growth strategies. Success in this position demands the establishment and maintenance of strong working networks among state/local/private organizations and individuals.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
1. Maintain and enhance ECG’s corporate position with local government officials and other regional/private organizations in the areas of economic commerce.
2. Conducts community visits on a consistent basis throughout the year.
3. Assist in the implementation of proactive marketing and corporate programs targeted at increasing prospective new and existing industrial/commercial/retail development in ECG communities and the State of Georgia.
4. Provides guidance and coordination to ECG communities in identifying and effectively promoting industrial and commercial/retail development in ECG communities and the State of Georgia.
5. Assist in all Economic and Community Development efforts in implementing strategies and initiatives to achieve sectional, departmental, corporate and ECG member goals.
6. Establishes and maintains a comprehensive intelligence network among brokers, consultants and developers to develop new industrial/commercial/retail business opportunities in ECG communities.
7. Coordinates targeted industrial/commercial/retail business recruitment missions on a quarterly basis and as directed.
8. Management of various project activities with public and private entities.
9. Coordinates response to request for information from client or consultant to ensure deadlines are met.
10. Promotes Technical Solutions products to ECG communities.
11. Undertakes other duties and responsibilities as directed.
12. Requires overnight and daily travel as necessary
Generally requires a degree in economics, business administration, marketing, geography, urban/regional planning, engineering, or related field with 1-3 years experience in economic development. A combination of education and demonstrated work experience may be substituted for a degree. Must be able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
This is a combined sales, marketing and project management position, requiring skills in both lead generation and deal closing. Must possess highly effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and must be able to work in confidence under stressful circumstances with corporate and governmental officials on matters that will remain confidential to ECG.
Success in this position demands the establishment and maintenance of strong working networks with statewide, regional and local public and private sector individuals and organizations. Must have the ability to gain a shared vision and be able to influence without authority on challenging decisions and priorities. Must possess excellent analytical skills as well as top level business management, interpersonal and communication skills. Must have experience in managing multiple deliverables under strict timelines. . Must be analytical, organized, detail-oriented, hands-on, diplomatic and a team player. Must be able to work well with others when conflicts occur. Must have ability to assimilate strategic information and convert into clear and concise messages that colleagues and Participants can understand. Must have a thorough understanding of ECG’s business practices, procedures, and budgets.