Joint Development Authority of Jeff Davis County CEO
Position to be filled by: October 2023
Location: Hazlehurst-Jeff Davis County, Georgia
Category: Development Authority
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Requirement: 2-5 years
Salary: Based on Experience
Cover letter and resume to be submitted to:
JDA CEO Search Committee Chairman
The CEO of the Development Authority is responsible for the overall day-to-day vision and leadership of Hazlehurst-Jeff Davis County’s economic development initiatives which includes serving as the primary development representative for the community.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, ideally with an MBA or other post-graduate work, from an accredited college; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of management, executive and strategic leadership experience in the economic and/or community development field.
Specific Duties and Functions
Economic Development and Marketing
- Serve as the lead professional to prepare and market Hazlehurst and Jeff Davis County for economic development projects considering a potential location to create new jobs and increase the tax base of a community. In addition to new growth, the CEO is responsible for maintaining relationships with existing companies in order to keep current investments in the area. These duties shall include, but are not limited to, the following initiatives:
o Coordinate all economic development initiatives and strategies, prospect visits, existing industry and business expansions, product management, including a target marketing action plan to attract specific sector related businesses
o Create and oversee all marketing platforms for economic development in the community
o Work with chamber of commerce, board of tourism, governments and business leaders on local, state and federal levels to enhance the economic development environment of the community
o Organize, implement and manage a strategic target market recruitment plan
o Develop and maintain a strategy for an alliance with the economic development organizations and representatives from across the country
o Develop and maintain programs that encourage the expansion of existing businesses for job maintenance, creation and additional investments
o Promote and provide various sources of financing for qualifying projects
o Provide research, data and appropriate guidance to local, state and federal business and government leaders regarding the impact of economic development on the local tax digest
o Serve as a team builder and facilitator between all local, state and federal officials as well as local and statewide utility and infrastructure vendors that impact the community
- Build and maintain accurate records of all properties owned or managed by the Development Authority, including lease agreements, sales agreements, tax records, and other materials as required.
- Facilitate the physical maintenance of all Development Authority owned or leased properties, including signage, roads, right-of-ways, and other improvements as deemed appropriate