Labor Market Information (LMI) Specialist
Technical College System of Georgia Office of Workforce Development
Entry Salary: Commensurate with education & experience Location: 1800 Century Place, Atlanta, Georgia, 30345
The position is open to all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications below.
The Labor Market Information (LMI) Specialist is responsible for analyzing data from a variety of federal, state, and local resources to provide insightful reporting and information, to assist the workforce community.
• Analyzing data to provide informed insights to a diverse audience that includes various levels of the leadership team.
• Collects accurate data and provides thorough analysis of industrial and occupational changes and trends in Georgia’s labor market.
• Researching information to inform policy decisions or strategic objectives.
• Serving as a focal point as a subject matter expert on labor market information sources.
• Keeps abreast of developments and impending federal and state directives related to labor market trends, analysis techniques, and reporting requirements.
• Collaborating with other staff to advocate on behalf of assigned initiatives and programmatic subject matter; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Associate degree required in a relevant field *and* Three (3) years of relevant work experience. – or Bachelor's degree required in a relevant field *and* One (1) year of relevant work experience.
• Knowledge of the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) and/or related Wagner-Peyser (WP) Act.
• Knowledge of state and federal statistical sources, including those reported by BLS, Georgia Dept of Labor, and United States Census Bureau, etc.
• Considerable experience with Excel, Arc GIS, Stata, or other statistical software.
• Experience with policy analysis and producing written deliverables.
• Experience with public speaking or developing training seminars.
• Experience with multi-tasking.
• Time and task management skills
• Intermediate computer skills and ability to adapt to job-related software programs
• Organizational skills
• Project management skills
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Skills in interpersonal relations and customer service
• Decision making and problem-solving skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties should apply at Team Georgia Careers, Team Georgia Careers Website
Applications will be accepted until filled. Due to an anticipated large volume of applications, only those who receive an interview will be notified of the status of the position.
It shall be a condition of employment to submit to a background investigation. Offers of employment shall be conditional pending the result of the background investigation.
Federal Law requires ID and eligibility verification prior to employment.
All male U.S. citizens, and male aliens living in the U.S., who are ages 18 through 25, are required to register for the military draft and must present proof of Selective Service Registration upon employment.
Applicants who need special assistance may request assistance by phoning (404) 679-1759.
The Technical College System of Georgia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).