Manager, Community Development
This position will be posted until June 30, 2023.
Organization: Electric Cities of Georgia, Inc
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Category: Construction, Consulting, Development Authority, Local Government, Real Estate, Project Manager - Community Development
Position Type: Full Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Requirement: 5-10 years
How to Apply/Contact: Electric Cities of Georgia, Inc. Attn: Manager, Community Development Sheri Braddick 1470 Riveredge Pkwy, NW Atlanta, GA 30328 f. 678.202.3110 firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description & Details:
Summary: This position is responsible for effectively providing management of Community Development services of the Electric Cities of Georgia (ECG) Economic & Community Development section. This position functions as a representative of the SVP and Chief External Officer regarding daily operations and exercising independent judgment in special programs/projects and correspondence related to ECG’s Community Development matters. Success in this position demands the establishment and maintenance of strong working networks among internal staff, management and externally with ECG community leadership, brokers, developers and state resources in order to positively impact ECG’s corporate objectives.
Scope of Responsibility: Position responsibilities directly impact ECG’s corporate growth and well-being through internal/external relations and advocacies that positively impact ECG corporate and ECG community short and long-range goals and objectives of sustained growth at minimal costs. Position responsibilities directly impact ECG’s ability to promote ECG member communities to corporate decision makers, site selection consultants, developers and brokers through the growth of new and expanding industrial/commercial/retail/residential development within ECG communities. Position will provide expert counsel and solution-based options to ECG community leadership regarding best practices either through one-on-one interaction or through strategic facilitation settings.
- Oversees Community Development budget and expenditures.
- Participate with team members in creating, maintaining, and enhancing ECG’s corporate position with various State of Georgia government officials and other state/regional/private organizations in the areas of economic commerce.
- Manage Community Development services in implementing strategies and initiatives to achieve departmental and corporate goals.
- The position will stay abreast of state and federal programs that offer ECG communities opportunities for economic and community development success.
- Provide expert counsel and services to ECG communities regarding best practices in the areas of community preparation, urban planning/development, market/product development and creating a local environment that fosters business recruitment/expansion/retention strategies, quality residential development and overall quality of life.
- Performs presentations, facilitates meetings, and workshops, participates in committees, working groups and task forces, and represents ECG regarding topics and issues related to best practices in urban planning/development and economic and community development.
- Maintain intelligence networks among public and private sector organizations in order to develop new business opportunities for ECG communities.
- Work directly with appropriate State officials in developing ECG community reputations as quality communities with pro-business policies.
- Collaborate with other ECG economic development and corporate staff in the development of proactive marketing programs targeted at increasing prospective new and existing industrial/commercial/retail/residential development in ECG communities and regions.
- Conduct community visits on a consistent basis throughout the year.
- Perform overnight and daily travel as necessary.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as directed.
Generally, requires a degree in business administration, marketing, urban/regional planning, or related field with 6 - 10 years’ experience in community/economic development, urban/land planning. A combination of education and demonstrated work experience may be substituted for a degree.
Experience in developing and implementing proactive approaches to urban/community development is a must. The ideal candidate has a well-established network with the local, statewide and regional network of public and private sector developers in Georgia. This is a combined marketing, education and sales position, requiring the candidate to demonstrate working knowledge of product development, urban development, market research, product improvement, market penetration and deal closing. The ideal candidate has experience in understanding and educating community leaders on the community development process, including strategic visioning, discovery, strategy, and implementation of a community development program. Candidate must have well-developed interpersonal skills and must be able to work in confidence with high-level local and state governmental officials under high stress circumstances. Candidate must be able to work effectively in a team-oriented work environment toward shared goals and objectives.