President/CEO - Greenville ENC Alliance
Application Needed by: July 15, 2019
Location: Greenville, NC
Categories: Development Authority, Local Government, Economic Development Public Private Partnership
Position Type: Full Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Requirement: 5-10 years
Salary: $150,000 - $225,000 (Plus potential performance bonus)
How to Apply/Contact: To request a job and organization profile, email: firstname.lastname@example.org /subject line: Job Profile Request Interested applicants should apply using this job portal: http://careers.guc.com
Job Description & Details:
The Greenville-Eastern North Carolina Alliance is a newly formed public-private economic development organization serving the Greenville Pitt County Region. The CEO of the Greenville ENC Alliance promotes Pitt County as a preferred location for new, expanding, and start-up business, residents, and tourists. The President/CEO is responsible for building a solid foundation that supports economic growth including implementing a program of work, acting as a liaison between business and local government agencies, supporting and implementing policy, and managing the organization and staff. The President/CEO reports to the Greenville ENC Alliance Board of Directors. The CEO will work with and be a liaison to local and state economic development agencies and organizations to guide the economic development efforts for Pitt County. Mission Statement Greenville-Eastern North Carolina Alliance will market the region, support new, existing, and start-up businesses, develop community assets, maximize opportunities for investment, and enhance quality of life by engaging the private and public sectors in a collaborative economic development program. Vision Statement Greenville-Eastern North Carolina Alliance will achieve a dynamic business climate resulting in stable, quality jobs and opportunities allowing residents to live fulfilling lives in a thriving place. Initial Expectations:
• Build a staff
• Develop budgets
• Cultivate relationships with stakeholders
• Develop and execute economic development strategic plan
• Develop and execute marketing plan
• Develop and track organizational metrics
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be a catalyst for sustainable economic growth in Pitt County that will maintain and create jobs and grow the tax base.
• Maintain an updated Economic Development Strategic Plan with goals, objectives and tasks and implement the plan.
• Work with existing business and industries to identify potential markets for goods and services and assist in expansion of existing business.
• Market and promote Greenville ENC for new business, start-ups, and talent recruitment through various marketing tools and strategies.
• Through partner agencies, support the development of assets such as infrastructure, transportation, positive business climate, and amenities.
• Support area education and workforce development agencies and programs by advocating for current and future workforce needs from business and industry.
• Represent and serve as a lead spokesperson for the organization in internal and external communications.
• Identify available land, sites, and buildings suitable for business development and lead site preparation and development.
• Maintain stakeholder relations to sustain private sector investment.
• Work with individual municipalities to identify specific growth strategies and support the development and implementation of the strategies.
• Coordinate economic development activities between local and state partner organizations
• Initiate and assist in the application for federal or state grants and loans for economic development projects in Pitt County.
• Conduct research and analysis of pertinent economic development topics.
• Be responsible for overall organizational administration and finances including development of budget for Board approval, including overall control and audit of approved budget, ensuring revenue targets are met, approval of expenditures, and authority to sign checks.
• Prepare reports and organizational metrics for the Board.
• Be responsible for hiring and supervising staff.
• Serve as chief advisor to Board of Directors providing expert advice and counsel in formulating organizational policies, plans, and objectives.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills Required: The skills and abilities needed to be successful include leadership, strong written and oral communications abilities, relationship building, organizational and financial skills, accountability, and approachability.
• Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree and/or Certified Economic Developer credential preferred.
• Seven years or more of experience in economic development, business, or related activities.
• Proven track record as a leader in economic development, business, or related field.
• Ability to interact and communicate with elected officials, business leaders, community leaders, and citizens.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, small-office environment.
• Self-motivated and self-directed.
• Proficient with computers, office programs, communications technology, and social media.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and willing/able to travel.
• Must be a resident of or willing to relocate to Pitt County.
• Salary – Based on qualifications and experience -$150,000-$225,000 (Plus potential performance bonus)
• Benefits – Health Insurance, Retirement Contribution, Job-Specific Continuing Education and Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement
• Interested Applicants should apply using this job portal: http://careers.guc.com
• Initial Interviews to occur July 30-August 1, 2019
• Second Round of Interviews August 20-22, 2019
• For more information about the position, contact Kathy Howard, (252) 551-1475