South Carolina I-77 Alliance – President/CEO Established in 2014, the South Carolina I-77 Alliance (“Alliance”) is a county-driven, regional economic development marketing alliance representing five counties (Chester, Fairfield, Lancaster, Richland & York) located along the 1-77 corridor between Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC. The Alliance is currently seeking a President/CEO to lead the organization in all aspects of its marketing and business development efforts. Responsibilities of the President/CEO include, but are not limited to, marketing the region to both domestic and international companies as a world-class business location to attract capital investment and high-quality jobs, the development and execution of the organization’s annual Program of Work and associated budget, overseeing and executing continuing efforts related to investor relations and fundraising, and managing all aspects of Alliance operations and staff.
Applicant must be a proven leader and able to provide direction for both short and long-term organizational goals, as well as have a demonstrated knowledge of economic development, business recruitment, governmental affairs and public finance. Other requirements include, but are not limited to:
• At least ten (10) years of economic development or closely related experience with a minimum of four (4) years of operational management experience.
• A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economic development, political science, public administration or closely related field.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong managerial and leadership skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to market the region in a creative and innovative manner.
• A solid understanding of state and local economic development incentives, the region’s workforce skills and availability, knowledge of available industrial/business properties, existing industry landscape and the region’s lifestyle amenities.
• A successful record of business recruitment/retention and economic development marketing.
Additionally, ideal candidates will have:
• A Master’s degree in business administration, economic development, marketing, public administration or related field.
• State and national economic development certifications and a history of continued professional development.
• Experience working with C-level executives at domestic and international companies.
The President/CEO responsibilities include:
• Plan, coordinate and execute all economic development marketing initiatives including domestic & international marketing trips, conferences, trade shows and lead generation activities.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with all economic development allies, including the region’s local economic developers, state economic developers and other allies (i.e. real estate professionals, workforce professionals, utility company representatives, etc.).
• Oversee the development of the organization’s continuing branding, image and marketing campaigns, including the maintenance of the organization’s website, targeted marketing communications and other marketing collateral materials.
• Follow up on all marketing initiatives and convert initial contacts into qualified leads for member counties.
• Oversee the data collection, research and analysis of the region’s economic development attributes including workforce, transportation and logistical advantages, target industries, available properties, business climate and quality of life.
• Oversee and execute continuing efforts related to investor relations and associated fundraising in support of the organization’s operational budget.
• Convene as appropriate with the Board of Directors/Executive Committee to report on all economic development and marketing initiatives and develop an annual Program of Work and Budget that is submitted for approval by the Board. The Program of Work will center on marketing, regional development issues, and enhancing the regional business climate.
• Upon approval by the Board, hire and provide direct management and supervision of any full or part-time employees as required by the organization.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
All applicants should submit in confidence a resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience to email@example.com no later than March 20th, 2021. About the Alliance The South Carolina I-77 Alliance is a 501(c)(3) public/private regional economic development marketing organization. The organization’s sole mission is to position and market the collective counties of Chester, Fairfield, Lancaster, Richland & York as a world-class business location to attract both capital investment and high quality jobs to its service territory. Additional information about the Alliance region, its attributes and operations can be found at www.i77alliance.com.
The South Carolina I-77 Alliance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The South Carolina I-77 Alliance complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.