Senior Vice President, Global Commerce
Location: Carrollton, Georgia
Category: Development Authority, Local Government, Economic Development
Position Type: Full Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Requirement: 5-10 years
Carroll County Chamber of Commerce
Job Description & Details:
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
Carroll Tomorrow, based in Carrollton, Georgia, seeks a Senior Vice President of Global Commerce. This senior level role will work closely with the President/CEO, the organization’s Executive Committee, as well as business, community and elected leaders to recruit, retain and grow the economic base of Carroll County and the region.
About the Community
Located in West Georgia, Carroll County is 40 miles west of downtown Atlanta and close to many other southeastern metropolitan areas. The population of the community is 119,992 based on the latest US Census Bureau data. The median age is 34.5. The county has seven municipalities, with Carrollton serving as the county seat. Others include Bowdon, Bremen, Mount Zion, Roopville, Temple, Villa Rica and Whitesburg. The citizens of Carroll County have committed to maintaining greenspace, a robust agribusiness sector and providing access to outdoor activities– striking a balance between growth and development.
About Carroll Tomorrow
Established in 2001, Carroll Tomorrow is a unique countywide public-private economic development organization that leads Carroll County’s economic development efforts and serves as the staff for Carroll County’s four industrial development authorities. Carroll Tomorrow works closely with state economic developers and site selection consultants to support expansion of existing business and recruit new companies to the area. The economic development initiative is a “one-stop shop” for businesses seeking growth opportunities. Carroll Tomorrow is a sister organization to the Carroll County Chamber of Commerce and the Senior VP of Global Commerce will work closely with the Senior VP of Chamber Operations to achieve successful results and outcomes for both organizations.
Candidates applying for the global commerce position should hold a Bachelor’s degree, ideally with an MBA or other post-graduate work, from an accredited college or possess equivalent work history and experience.
Applicants should have a minimum of three years of management, executive and/or strategic leadership experience in a field that is related to economic and/or community development and at least 10 years of general economic development experience. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Experience with facilitating tax abatements for economic development projects for new and/or expanding companies via the development authority bonds for title process.
- Experience in the creation of conduit debt schedules as part of an annual development authority audit process.
The Senior Vice President of Global Commerce is the senior member of the economic development team, responsible for leading a focused effort, grounded by the organization’s strategic plan Carroll Tomorrow 5.0, to:
- Attract businesses, jobs and investment
- Industrial, Commercial, Retail, Mix-Use
- Retain and expand existing industry
- Retain, align and attract talent
- Strengthen infrastructure and quality of place
Carroll Tomorrow’s goal is to grow new, high-quality jobs in Carroll County by bringing in new businesses and fostering the retention and expansion of its existing business base.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work with CEO on new branding initiative and execution of strategic plan;
- Analyze the feasibility of proposed projects including financial and economic impact analysis. Research and compile demographic and economic data in response to inquiries from prospective businesses.
- Create and implement initiatives for attraction, retention and expansion of both retail and industry both independently and in teaming efforts with other county, regional and state departments, divisions, agencies, utilities and transportation services.
- Participate in community organizations and collaborates with partners that impact the goals and objectives of Carroll Tomorrow.
- Analyze trends and conditions that will impact Carroll County and determine strategic modifications to take advantage of those trends and conditions.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and weakness to improve the competitiveness of the community.
- Assist in the development, management and marketing of industrial parks located within Carroll County as well as maintaining a database of public and privately-owned sites and buildings available for development.
- Develop and sustain quality, trusting relationships with the leadership of prospective companies, regional and national site selectors and commercial and industrial realtors.
- Prepare proposals and conducts presentations and site tours for prospects.
- Work closely with regional and economic development organizations and workforce providers.
- Compile and maintain current demographics, traffic counts, aerials, trade area, and market comparison data. Assists in keeping the website information up to date.
- Assist in providing support to the local development authorities, its business assistance and attraction programs and subcommittees.
- Maintain computerized prospect tracking system using database software; produces customized reports.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of local and state incentive programs.
- Market Carroll County to prospects at meetings, conferences, etc.
This employee’s primary responsibility is in the area of economic development and business recruitment. This position is directly accountable to the President/CEO. This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position will have management oversight of the Carroll Tomorrow Project Manager.