Workforce Development Coordinator - ACCGov
Position to be filled by: August 1, 2020
Location: Athens, Georgia
Categories: Education, Local Government, Workforce
Position Type: Full Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience: 3-5 years
How to apply/contact: apply online via our website at www.accgov.com/jobs
REPORTS TO: Economic Development Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Professional
CLASSIFICATION: Regular Non-Merit; serves at the discretion of the Department Director.
PAY GRADE: 120
SAFETY SENSITIVE: No
Purpose of Job: The purpose of this job is to collaborate with multiple community, regional, and state partners to enhance and coordinate workforce development efforts both in ACCGov and in our community. A top priority is aligning workforce development efforts with employer needs, with the goal of increasing the number of local candidates who are well-qualified for high-demand, well-compensated jobs in our community. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, collaborative relationship-building, identifying opportunities, communicating information, and proactively analyzing, coordinating, and administering workforce development efforts, and other related assigned duties.
• Relationship-Building: Cultivates and maintains relationships with employers, community organizations, regional and state agencies, and educational providers to develop and support workforce development efforts. Diverse community outreach, task force participation, networking activities, and engagement in community events are high priorities.
• Manages Athens Community Corps Program – Working with A-Corps Coordinator, oversee program scheduling and overall support, development and discussion of career paths, coordinating meetings and interactions with other ACCGov departments and track success indicators.
• Community Engagement: Actively serves as ACCGov liaison for workforce development with groups, community members, and partners, including existing workforce development committees and task forces. Works to create and strengthen connections with and among existing workforce-related providers and stakeholders. Identifies and shares resources to help promote collaboration with the goal of reducing barriers and creating new pathways for all community members to access workforce development opportunities.
• Project Management: Convenes conversations and discussions, helps partners to identify shared goals, and provides project management for collaborative workforce-related efforts. Includes facilitation of a leveraged system of partners and non-profits based on the Harvard Bloomberg effort, seeking to build a system to track and coordinate workforce development efforts across Athens-Clarke County.
• Raising Awareness of Existing Resources: Markets and promotes existing workforce development programs, initiatives, and resources. Collaborates with local and regional partners to help share information about efforts with diverse groups throughout the community and region, and seeks out opportunities to leverage resources through partnerships.
• Needs Identification: Works with workforce development partners to compile and analyze a variety of data and information to identify key needs. Prepares reports and makes presentations to communicate needs to inform and engage elected officials, community groups, community partners, and other stakeholders.
• Administration: Administers workforce programming, including managing program budget and staff, participant on-boarding, identifying resources to support participants, building internal and external partnerships, ongoing program development and enhancement, participant career coaching and job placement, and evaluation of program outcomes.
• Manages confidential and sensitive information using good judgment and professional practices. Job Related Requirements
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with occasional evenings. The Economic Development Department is currently teleworking during the COVID-19 pandemic. When our office reopens, all staff will be required to report to the office. May be required to work on religious holidays. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Must work cooperatively with others. When requirements include vehicle operation, responsible for the safety, readiness and operation of the vehicle and must abide by ACC's safe driving policy.
MINIMUM TRAINING & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Bachelor’s degree in a field related to workforce development, economic development, social work, public administration, education, or a related field. Four years’ experience in workforce development, education, or related experience Must possess a valid driver's license. Master’s degree preferred For full job description and to apply online, visit our website at www.accgov.com/jobs