Professional Development Committee
At a glance:
- Promote and support the practice of professional development – that is, the advancement of skills, expertise, and knowledge to succeed in the economic development profession.
- Facilitate support for GEDA members preparing for professional certification.
- Promote and administer the GEDA professional development grant program.
A key part of GEDA’s mission is to support the continual professional development of our members. One of the key ways we do this is through our professional development grant program which involves an annual competitive application process coordinated by this committee. GEDA’s professional development grant program is the largest of its kind among state associations.
Are you working to gain the skills and knowledge to be among the best in the economic development profession in serving those you serve? Apply for a grant from GEDA to help you move forward in your professional development journey and meet your goals!
This committee also connects GEDA members with opportunities to help them prepare for professional certifications such as the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC).
For more information, contact Committee Chair:
|Jason Dunn||Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County Development Authorityemail@example.com||(229)423-9357|
2021 Action Plan
- Develop a series of six webinars that will reinforce the foundational principals of economic development professional.
- The webinars are to be scheduled every month beginning in February.
- Topics will vary yet primarily will focus on basics including:
- Virtual meeting training
- Communication skills
- Value of living in the community in which you work.
- Investing in your career
- Tools of the trade
- Develop a digital library of professional development materials.
- Record webinars so that they can be uploaded to GEDA website.