Projects Location Database for Conway Data/Site Selection Magazine 2021
Project Submission Form
Please help make Georgia the No. 1 state for business!
Conway Data asks the Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) to submit information on new or expansion projects that meet certain criteria. This project information plays an important role in determining the awards mentioned above.
GDEcD submits information to Conway Data for all projects in which GDEcD is a partner. Do you have additional new locations or expansions in your community that can be counted?
Conway Data has made some changes for 2021. Those include:
- Projects must be submitted each quarter instead of twice a year
- Confidential projects are no longer accepted. That means that anything you submit via this form will be shared with Conway Data/Site Selection as information available for public release
- Requirements for projects to qualify in the New Lease category have changed.
To qualify in 2021, a project must:
- involve a facility that is a manufacturing facility, data center, office, call center, distribution warehouse, research & development operation or headquarters,
- have been publicly announced, be under construction or completed, and
- meet the requirements under new construction, renovation to existing building, or new lease below.
1. NEW CONSTRUCTION
Must meet at least one of the following criteria:
a. 20 or more new jobs
b. 20K or more square feet of space
c. $1 million or more investment in land, building and/or constuction.
2. RENOVATION TO EXISTING BUILDING
Meet at least one of the following criteria:
a. 20 or more new jobs.
b. $1 million or more investment in land, building and/or constuction
3. NEW LEASE
New leases, lease expansions (additional sq. ft.) and subleases qualify if they meet at least one of the following criteria:
- 20 or more new jobs added to the corporate lessee’s payroll
- 20K or more of new space
- $1 million or more investment in renovations and/or leasehold improvements
New for 2021: lease renewals do not qualify.
The following types of operations do not qualify:
spec buildings, shared workplaces (e.g. WeWork), retail, restaurants, banks and other financial services, insurance branches, educational facilities, health care services, hotels, self-storage facilities and others identified in the Conway Projects Guidelines.
Please contact Susan Contreras, Director of Research, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-548-2082 if you have any questions or suggestions.