Young Professionals SIG
For more information, contact SIG Chair:
|MaryBeth Flournoy||Georgia Poweremail@example.com||(404)506-1560|
2021 Action Plan
- Establish a foundational contact list, to be passed down chair to chair, by requiring members to declare if they are a young professional (under 40); secure 50% engagement in at least one young professional event annually.
- Identify opportunities for engagement and socializing to build deeper peer relationships (i.e., re-establish Coffee Chats, Virtual Happy Hours, (post-COVID) in-person events, etc.)
- Invite a limited number of “over 40” Economic Development professionals to come to a young professional event for networking and conversations. Also, extend invitations to newer GEDA members, regardless of age.
- Create a specific online channel for communication and engagement (i.e., website, LinkedIn Group, etc.)
- Work with the professional development committee to find ways to tailor content to young professionals or those new to the industry, regardless of age.
- Send out a survey to the young professionals to better understand needs, challenges, and event preferences.