Tranquility Spa Policies and Procedures
We have been working hard getting the spa re-opened for the 2021 season. Below are some of the new protocols and safety guidelines for re-opening Barbers and Cosmetology Salons that we will be following as issued by the State of Georgia.
Currently we will only be doing massages and body treatments. Services will be by appointment only. No walk ins Operating hours will be weekends only (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
Signage has been placed in the spa denoting face masks are required.
The website has been updated to include our COVID-19 Protocol and Informed Release Treatment Consent forms letting guests know what to expect. See below:
We have added the following practices and policies to ensure the safety of our guests and associates.
- Waivers: All clients are required to fill out a COVID-19 Informed Release. This form will be sent in a link with your appointment confirmation and must be handed in at the time of your appointment.
- Health Check: Upon arrival, you will be asked a series of questions about your health and you will have your temperature checked.
- Appointment Check In: If you are a hotel guest, you will receive a text when your service provider is ready to begin your treatment. If arriving by car, please wait in your vehicle and call us at 678-318-7887. We will send you a text when your service provider is ready to begin your treatment. We suggest that you only bring in your personal necessities, e.g. cell phone, wallet, and keys.
- Hand Washing: Once inside the spa, you will be asked to wash your hands. We have also provided hand sanitizer for use throughout the spa.
- Face Coverings: All staff are required to wear a face mask/shield at all times, and we highly suggest that clients do the same. Masks are available at the reception desk if needed. We understand that for some services, such as facials, face waxing, and while lying prone during a massage, the client will need to remove their mask.
- Social Distancing: Help us practice social distancing within the spa whenever possible, by remaining 6 feet apart from other guests and staff. Please refrain from handshakes and hugs with staff or other guests.
- Product Handling: Please refrain from handling any retail products. Ask a member of our staff for assistance if you are interested in purchasing any products. We have removed excess products from our shelves, and are keeping them stored in closed containers. At the present time, there are not test products available.
- Cancellation: Due to the ongoing pandemic, we are currently waving our cancellation fee for any appointment cancellations. If anything should change with your health such as a fever or if you have been exposed to COVID-19, please notify us as soon as possible, so that we can cancel or reschedule your appointment. Upon arrival, if you are unable to affirm the statements on our health check your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- Sanitation: We have always taken great pride in keeping our spa immaculate, and have gone above and beyond what is required of us by the Georgia State Licensing Board. Now, more than ever, we are stepping up our cleaning and disinfecting protocols. We are allotting additional time between appointments to thoroughly clean and disinfect our workspace, as well as our reception and common areas. We have removed the blankets from our treatment room tables. If during your massage, you get chilled or prefer additional coverage, we are happy to provide you with a clean blanket.
- Reduced Capacity: A maximum number of 10 people will be allowed inside the spa at any given time. Our staff will only be allowed to service one client at a time. And, because of close proximity of our treatment rooms, we will limit the number of services provided at any given time. We can only accommodate clients with a scheduled appointment. No additional guests in the waiting area or treatment rooms. Walk-in services are not provided at this time.
- Contact-less Checkout: We suggest purchasing a pre-paid service package by phone, a gift card online or paying in person with a credit card. If you are interested in purchasing a package or gift card, please give us a call at (678) 318-7887 and we can assist you with this over the phone.
To help reduce touch points, we have enhanced our check in procedures and will be utilizing the LOOP texting and email platforms to communicate with our guests. The guest must complete and send back to the spa.
- When services are booked the spa will send the guest an appointment checklist and the service questionnaire to be completed prior to their appointment.
- On their appointment date, they will receive a text letting them know when the therapist is ready for them to enter the spa for their service
- All services will be gift card, credit card or pre-paid room charge to avoid cash transactions
- There will be a 30 minute break between services for sanitation and reset of the treatment rooms for the next service.
Therapists will wear disposable outerwear to change between services.
We have designated separate clean/sanitized and soiled linen bins in different locations in the spa.
The receptionists will wear gloves and masks. Additional masks will be available if a guest forgets to wear one.
We are currently working with Housekeeping to get a designated attendant for the spa for sanitation between services – this week the therapists will be trained on sanitation protocols.
The reception retail area has been scaled down to reduce touch points… testers and snacks have been removed.
Bottled water will available
Brendan is working on our current spa packages to get them back on-line.
Our first appointments are with Melissa’s group ETS group this weekend.