GEDA 2019 Legislative Policy Agenda
The Georgia Economic Developers Association’s (GEDA) nearly 700 members represent approximately 75% of Georgia’s counties. Cornerstone Government Affairs represents GEDA for legislative monitoring, education, advocacy and lobbying and assists with member engagement. We help our members to understand critical issues and legislation, as well as how to use the legislative process effectively. Our public policy purpose is to influence public policy in the best interests of the State of Georgia, economic development and our membership.
GEDA’s top legislative priorities for 2019
- Maintain local control and flexibility for Development Authorities.
- Support consistent pro-business policies.
- Continued funding support for economic development programs and state agencies.
Additional areas of interest include:
- Support transportation infrastructure, maintenance and improvements.
- Increase funding mechanisms for economic development projects.
- Maintain competitive statutory and discretionary incentives.
- Support for Rural Georgia initiatives, such as broadband, tax credits and others.
Ensure Georgia keeps its competitive set of film and tourism development incentives.
SAVE THE DATE: GEDA Legislative Day is Tuesday, January 29th, 2019 at the Capitol from 9 am-1 pm. We will host a lunch for Legislators and our members from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm at the South-wing, 2nd floor, CAP 230.